CARES Act Reporting: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Latest update: June 11, 2020
The below information is provided in accordance with Department of Education guidelines and will be updated regularly in compliance with the reporting requirements (initial report 30 days after of receipt of Linfield’s allocation and every 45 days thereafter):
- Linfield University acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the Linfield University will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is seven-hundred, twenty thousand, six-hundred, sixty-three dollars ($720,663).
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission is seven-hundred, twenty thousand, six-hundred, sixty-three dollars ($720,663) at June 11, 2020.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is one-thousand, five hundred, sixty (1,560).
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of June 11, 2020 is 559.
- Linfield has created a student application process which is vetted by three people (Financial Aid, Student Life, and Finance) to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Below are communications provided to the students to avail themselves of grants available under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act:
- Linfield News: Emergency grants aailable for students' COVID-19-related expenses
- Information for students and families and frequently asked questions
- Internal communications: Linfield Ahead e-newsletter, Monday, May 11, 2020
- Internal communications: Linfield Ahead e-newsletter, Thursday, May 28, 2020