Internships are an excellent way for economics majors to apply what they have learned in the classroom and develop new skills while exploring potential job areas. In the past, students have completed internships in an array of settings, from law firms in Portland, to web usability agencies with global clients.
The department encourages students to work with a departmental faculty member, the department chair, and the Office of Career Services to make arrangements for internships in private and public organizations, and to establish a contract for the internship. Students must have completed 16 credits including 411 and 412, and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00, to qualify for economics internship credit. View all Economics courses.
Below are some places where students have interned:
- ISITE Design (Analytics and Optimization Intern)
- R.V. Kuhns & Associates, Inc.
- Portland General Electric
- State Farm Insurance
- City of Marysville, Wash.
- Senate Republican Office
- International Pinot Noir Celebration
- Oregon Economic & Community Development Project Department
- Tacoma Goodwill Industries