Linfield College Alumni Scholarship Fund
The Alumni Scholarship Fund was established in 1988-89 by the Linfield Alumni Association. The scholarship is awarded to students who are children, grandchildren or siblings of Linfield alumni, who meet the minimum GPA of 3.25, and who demonstrate involvement in school and/or community activities. The scholarship recipients will be selected by the Alumni Scholarship Committee. For the 2019-2020 academic year, scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $6,000 (to be divided over four years) and are guaranteed for freshman and sophomore years. Junior and senior year recipients must maintain a Linfield cumulative GPA of 3.0 in order to continue receiving the award.
Who is Eligible?
- Confirm that he/she is the child, grandchild or sibling of a Linfield alumnus/a by submitting the name, class year, current address, phone number and email address of the alumni relation
- Be an entering freshman or transfer student
- Demonstrate academic success by having a GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Submit an essay of between 300 and 500 words addressing the topic:
- "Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma – anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution."
- Supply a resume listing any job experience, community service, school activities and other accomplishments.
- Plan to enroll full time in fall semester. (Distribution of the award depends on confirmed full-time enrollment of 12 units or more.)
Preference is given to those with financial need; have a FAFSA® form on file with the Financial Aid Office.
Once applications are submitted, Alumni Relations staff will verify all appropriate information, including the applicant’s alumni relation, financial need and cumulative GPA. The applications will be evaluated by the Alumni Association’s Scholarship Committee. Applications are due February 1 the year prior to the student matriculating at Linfield.
The application process requires the application form (below), an essay and a resume. Click here to see a sample resume.
For more information, contact Joni Claypool, Director of Constituent Engagement, by email or call 503-883-2636.
Interested in becoming a donor?
Most Linfield alumni were supported by family, friends, coaches, professors, and even financial aid. 90% of Linfield students receive financial aid.
The Linfield Alumni Scholarship Fund is administered by the Alumni Leadership Council and is targeted to support legacy students. The fund’s growth depends on annual giving by Linfield alumni and friends. This scholarship helps make the Linfield experience possible for deserving students with demonstrated promise and financial need. By giving to the Alumni Scholarship Fund, you can help a young student have the Linfield experience that opened a world of opportunity for you.
To contribute to the fund, give online through our secure online form, or send your gift to Linfield College, Office of Institutional Advancement, 900 SE Baker Street, McMinnville, OR 97128, or call us at 503.883.2607. Thank you!
Interested in applying?
How to Apply
Apply online or download and complete the scholarship application The application, your resume and your essay should be sent to the Office of Alumni Relations at Linfield College, 900 SE Baker St, McMinnville, OR 97128.