Linfield College has several resources to help you find employment. Our Human Resources and Career Development offices are key check points. Together we host Cat Connect - a one-stop resource for on-campus and off-campus employment, internships, networking and more! (See steps 1-3 below.)
Have you been awarded a Financial Aid award for Campus Employment or Federal Work-Study? If so, then the Office of Human Resources is your primary point of contact - see the instructions below. If you don't know if you have a Financial Aid award, log on to WebAdvisor, or contact the Office of Financial Aid at 503-883-2225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find a job using Cat Connect:
- Start by signing into Cat Connect with your CatNet ID and password. Current students are already registered in Cat Connect and DO NOT need to create a new account.
- Search for positions by hovering over the purple “Jobs” tab and selecting "Cat Connect-Linfield Approved Postings". Sort by "position type" to narrow your results and click "Search".
- Apply for the position by following the instructions in the job description or email the main contact if instructions aren't listed.
Students awarded Financial Aid awards, are eligible to apply for jobs listed as "Student Employment On-Campus" and "Student Employment Off-Campus". Here are the additional steps to complete your hiring process:
- Once you have been offered the position, immediately visit the Office of Human Resources for a Student Employment Referral Form. Other pre-employment requirements include:
- Form W-4
- Form I-9 (You'll need to bring ID with you to complete this form in HR. See page 5 of the I-9 form for a list of legally acceptable IDs.)
- Direct Deposit Form
- Preventing Sexual Harassment and Employment Discrimination Online Training
- Safety Training – 2012FA-SPEC101(on BlackBoard)
- Once you've completed the training listed above, stop in to HR to finish up the hiring paperwork (forms listed above). Then you're ready to start working and earning money!
Already working? You now have Payroll information at your fingertips 24/7. Check out the new HR Portal!
Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need help or have additional questions: 503-883-2594 or email@example.com.