"The discipline of Intercultural Communication has opened my mind to see a beautifully diverse world and has given me the tools with which to understand that world in a more meaningful and profound way. Through the variety of classes I have taken, I have developed a sensitivity to aspects of cross-cultural interactions of which I was not previously aware."
- Maria Schwarz, Intercultural Communication Major, Linfield College class of 2013
The Intercultural Communication major offers students an interdisciplinary degree program with a core of Communication Arts courses. Students in this program engage the theories and models for understanding the dynamics of human communication across a variety of cultural contexts. By placing students in both domestic and global communication sites, the major provides students with unique opportunities to draw upon knowledge gained in the classroom as they experience those concepts in daily interaction. This program includes the following cognate areas:
- interpersonal communication
- intercultural communication theory
- multicultural comunication
- gendered communication
- small group communication
- performance ethnography
- nonverbal communication and
- global and domestic culture studies.