Self Care and Health Topics
Select the topic below to learn more about it.
Our Favorite Self Care Sites
- Go Ask Alice - questions and answers to many health questions.
- Medicinenet - good database for lots of health info.
- Familydoctor.org - patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Practice - has wonderful self help sites.
Counseling Self-Help Resources
There are several good information sources online. By listing them, we are saying only that they provide information. They do not substitute for counseling or therapy. Our listing does not imply endorsement of all the information which is included. Be your own judge of what is reasonable and what is not. Once you have done some exploring, you may want to bring the results and talk them over with a counselor.
- American Psychological Association (Psychology in Everyday Life)
- American Psychiatric Association (Public Information)
- Study skills help: Linfield Learning Support Services
- Career information: Linfield Career Development
- University of Chicago Counseling Center Virtual Pamphlet Collection
- For Health and Human Sexuality Questions— Go Ask Alice
- ULifeline, "The online behavioral support system for young adults"