Paying Your Tuition Bill
Payment is due by the posted Due Dates for each semester. If you’re registered after the due date, tuition is due at the time of registration unless arrangements are made with the Student Accounts Office. You may subtract pending financial aid funds, any pending payment plan balance you are currently making payments on, and any approved third party funding from the amount due if all required paperwork has been submitted to the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts Office on or before the due date.
Students are responsible for ensuring that all awarded financial aid is applied to their student accounts each term. This includes endorsing co-payable grant and/or scholarship checks and completing all required documents including the annual conditions of award, loan entrance interviews and promissory notes by both the student and parent, if applicable.
Students must make financial arrangements for any unpaid portion of their bill with the Student Accounts Office by the due date to be financially cleared. This should be done by emailing the Student Accounts Office with a plan you are proposing at firstname.lastname@example.org so we are able to review the account and find the best possible solution for you and Linfield. Payments for charges and adjustments incurred after the due date are due on or before the next billing statement due date.
Accounts with a balance after the due date are subject to finance charges and late payment fees and/or a student account hold unless financial arrangements have been made.
Students assume full financial responsibility when they confirm the annual required (LESA) Linfield Educational Services Agreement in Webadvisor. The LESA agreement ensures the students responsibility for all costs incurred as a result of enrollment at Linfield College, regardless of who pays the bill on their behalf. It is the students' responsibility to be aware of their account balance and financial aid information, and to maintain current valid address information at all times to ensure receipt of all correspondence in a timely manner. Students are responsible for all educational debt charged to their student account. Students should take the initiative to understand their rights and responsibilities as well as the deadlines and refund policy associated with enrollment at Linfield College. If you need help understanding this, the Student Accounts Office is happy to discuss all of your options with you.
How can students stay informed of their responsibilities?
- Read emails sent by the Student Accounts Office, Financial Aid Office and Registrar Office regarding important deadlines.
- Invite a participant in your Student Account Center allowing them to receive email communications about your tuition bill and deadlines.
- Be aware of the refund policy and deadlines for dropping courses or withdrawing from the college.
- Keep informed via the student accounts website, Student Central Facebook Page and by checking your Student Account Center often.
- Communication is important to successfully find solutions to any payment issues you may have. Contact the student accounts and/or financial aid offices as soon as you are aware of any payment issues or if you have questions.
- Do not wait until a deadline has passed before asking for help! Our offices are here to help you and are committed to making sure we can find solutions to help you through any difficult times to not interrupt your educational goals.