- Linfield College
Student Accounts / Cashier Office

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I haven't received a billing statement?
A. If you haven't received a Fall Statement of Account and you believe you should have:
As a Linfield student, you now have access to your statement once you login to the Student Account Center. Please watch for an email invitation from TMS (Tuition Management System) with a temporary password to login. Once you have access to your Student Account Center you can check your balance, make a payment, setup a payment plan, and select your refund preference. From here you can also "Share Account Access" to your family members who help you with your account.

**Please note: you will only receive a Fall Term Statement in the mail. To review your monthly balance, or to see your Jan Term Statement, Spring Term Statement, or your Summer Term Statement you will need to login to your Student Account Center at linfield.afford.com.


Q. Where do I find information about insurance?
A. PacificSource is the insurance carrier for Linfield College during the 2018-2019 school year.  You can get more information about PacificSource coverage by going to the link above or by calling PacificSource at 1-855-274-9814. Please review the Student Insurance Information page for Linfield College insurance details. If you do not waive your Linfield insurance, you can go to the PacificSource website to download your insurance card. Or you can download the PacificSource mobile app.


Q. Can I set up a payment plan with Linfield College to pay my Student Account?
A. Linfield College does not have a payment plan of it's own. Linfield has contracted Tuition Management Services (TMS) to administer our payment plan option. If you are interested in a payment plan, you will need to select the payment plan option at the Student Account Center (SAC) through Tuition Management Services (TMS). If you have any questions please review our Payment Plan page or call Student Accounts at 503-883-2241.

Q. Do you accept payment of tuition by Credit Card?
A. The cashiers window does not accept credit card or debit card in person or over the phone. However, Linfield has contracted with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to administer our credit card payment option. You do not need to have an account with TMS to pay with a credit card or debit card, you can select the One Time Payment option. You have the option to use VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or debit card, be aware there is an accompanying standard teleprocessing fee of 2.99%. Some cards have an Intelligent Rate that could be less than that, it will show you what the fee is when you proceed to pay.

  • TMS website: linfield.afford.com
  • For questions or if you want to make your payment over the phone, you may contact TMS directly at 1-800-279-1975 or outside the U.S. call them at 401-921-3999.


Q. What meal plan should I get?
A. Incoming freshmen and transfer students have to use Meal Plan A for the Fall 2018 Semester. This can be adjusted after the fall term. You will need to contact Student Affairs if you would like to change your meal plan or if you have questions regarding the meal plan charges. Student Affairs 503-883-2278. For information regarding your meal plan options go to: Linfield Dining Services.


Q. What is a FERPA Release?
A. This is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. The FERPA release form must be completed on WebAdvisor  to include people that may be contacting the Student Accounts office concerning the students account activity. Please check "Yes" next to "Student Accounts" to insure we may communicate with anyone you want to grant access to.


Q. How do I get my 1098-T tax form?
A. The 1098-T tax form will be mailed out to every student by January 31st, unless the student has opted for an electronic version on their WebAdvisor.

If you have not received your 1098-T tax form:

  • As a current student you can go to your WebAdvisor to print off a PDF file or take a screen shot.
  • You can also go to www.getmydocuments.com and click on the "Certificate Needed".
  • If you have graduated you will need to go to the home page of WebAdvisor as a guest, and select the email link on the left hand side of the page to send an email request for a temporary login and password.
  • If you have transferred or you are on a leave of absence, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 503-883-2241 or email Student Accounts Office


Q. If I have overpaid and should have a refund coming, when should I expect it?
A. Normally it will take about 3 business days AFTER the drop period ends for a refund to be established (Week 3 of the term). It then takes about 1-2 weeks for the account to be reviewed, and the refund to be processed and issued. Please sign in at the Student Account Center to review your Refund Preferences. You will need to select how you would like the funds to be disbursed to you. If you do not select a preference the default is for a check to be mailed to you, which could delay when you receive your funds.


Q. How do I make a Perkins, SAR or NSL loan payment?
A. Please go to ECSI to sign in or register through your Firefox or Google Chrome browser. If you haven't signed in before, you will need your Heartland Key Number which is provided by Heartland. If you have any questions contact Heatland ECSI customer services at 1-888-549-3274.