Have you volunteered? Let us know! The Linfield community contributes many hours of service annually to the surrounding areas, and we want to document your work!
One-Time Service Opportunities:
CES Sponsers service days that can mobilize up to a hundred students and staff per event! Wildcats disperse into the McMinnville community and lend a helping hand with local non-profits and public organizations. Participate in one time service opportunities to volunteer for the first time, or explore different volunteer opportunities.
- Days of Service
- Taste of Service- September 22nd
- Make A Difference Day- October 27th
- MLK Jr. Day of Service- January 19th
- Global Youth Service Day- April 20th
- Hunger and Homelessness Week - November 10th-18th
- Jan Term Events (blanket making, hygiene kit preparation, and more! Details coming soon.)
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
Community partners value Linfield students that can volunteer on a regular basis. It does take some commitment, but the results are worth the effort. These programs focus on three specific areas: youth empowerment, environment & sustainability, and hunger and homelessness.
- WISE Mentor Program
- Youth Empowerment projects- Contact Coordinator Daniel Endicott
- Sustainability projects- Contact Coordinator McKenna Musser
- Helping alleviate hunger and homelessness- Contact Coordinator Maddy Shelton
Week-Long Service Immersion Programs:
Join ASB to invest in yourself, and your community. Participants spend Spring Break learning in-depth knowledge about a social issue, provide meaningful service, developing life-long friendships with fellow wildcats, and create life changing memories.
Other Organizations and Resources:
Don't see anything that sparks your interest? Looking specifically for opportunities to volunteer after graduation? Come see us at the CES Office located in Riley 301. Inquire with Director Joni Claypool or any of the Change Corps team members in the office. We can help you explore what talents you have to offer, and help find the perfect match for your service/volunteer needs.
- JustServe: This organization matches faith, nonprofit, community and governmental organizations that need volunteers with volunteers willing to help. JustServe.org links you to service opportunities in your community so you can make a difference wherever you are and however you want to serve.
- HandsOn Network: The largest network of volunteers around the world. Their 250 HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers engage 21st century volunteers to use their time, talent, voice and money to create change in their communities.
- 211: A guide to health and social services in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Explore local resources to identify an agency you might want to support.
- Miller Woods: A flexible and friendly place to volunteer! Main jobs include transplanting bare root plants into containers for our conservation partners and other duties in the nursery (weeding, inventory, seeding, etc.). Please contact Sonya at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and place provide your schedule of availability.