Standard vs. Express Checkout
You have the option of choosing a Standard Checkout or an Express Checkout:
If you want to review your room condition inventory, you may choose to checkout with your RA (Standard Checkout). You MUST complete a standard checkout if you want the opportunity to appeal any charges or fines assessed to your student account at a later date.
To complete a Standard Checkout:
- Email your RA at least 48 hours in advance to schedule a checkout time with your RA
- At checkout time, review your room's condition
- Turn in your envelope and key to your RA (residence halls)
- Turn in your form and key to Mahaffey 127 or drop box (suburbs)
Most students choose an express checkout option. If choosing to use an Express Checkout, you will not meet with an RA. By choosing an Express Checkout, you WAIVE your right to appeal any charges or fines assessed to your student account at a later date. If you have concerns about damage or cleaning charges sign up for a standard check out time with your RA.
To complete an Express Checkout:
- Read and complete checkout envelope/form (both sides)
- Seal envelope with your key inside
- Turn envelope/form in to Mahaffey 127 or drop box
Empty and clean room
- Rooms should be completely cleaned, emptied of personal belongings, and move-in ready (Move furniture, look under beds, double and triple-check drawers)
- Forgotten items will NOT be saved nor stored for you
- Do NOT leave cleanings supplies or other items behind "for next year's residents"
- Cleaned = vacuumed, dusted, and all garbage removed from the room
- Common Areas must also be cleaned, vacuumed, and free of garbage
- Do NOT use common area garbage cans for personal garbage
Avoid common fines & charges
- Failure to return key appropriately ($85)
- Not showing up to or not being ready for a pre-scheduled RA checkout ($50)
- Personal items left in room/drawers/closets ($10 and up)
- If you plan to return to Linfield in the Fall, you may keep your mailbox key over the summer
- Students who are graduating, withdrawing, taking a leave of absence or participating in a Fall Study Abroad must return their key to avoid a fine and are asked to leave a forwarding address with Mail Services
- Mailbox key-return/mail-forwarding slips will be delivered to your unit box prior to finals. All students must fill out this form, even if you plan to remain on campus this summer
- Mailbox keys need to be returned to the mailroom. Mailbox keys should not be returned to Residence Life.
Extended Stay Requests
All residents, except graduating seniors and summer residents, must vacate their rooms within 24 hours of their last final exam. Other students who wish to stay longer must file a spring extended stay agreement prior to May 24. Extended stay agreements allow approved students to remain in housing until noon on May 29. Seniors and summer residents do not need to file an extended stay agreement.
Students who have registered to live on campus over the summer will remain in their spring housing for the week after graduation. Residents will pick up keys for summer housing on Friday, June 2 and must be moved by Sunday, June 4.
Summer students must remove all personal items from common areas (bathrooms, lounges, kitchens) by the end of Finals week. Items that must stay in common areas (such as refrigerated food) must be clearly labled with name and "summer resident". Unlabled items will be donated or thrown away as part of annual hall cleaning.
Summer residents will not need to vacuum their rooms upon moving out (vacuums may not be available) but they should still clean their space to the best of their ability.
Thursday, May 18 at 10pm – Friday, May 25 at 10am
- Out of respect for students studying for finals, 24-hour quiet hours will be in effect during finals week and over the weekend
- Noise violations during quiet hours will be sent to the Dean of Students office for conduct review
Zero-Waste Move out - Donations and Recycling
Moving out and have extra stuff? There are plenty of places to re-purpose and recycle your items this year:
Have useful stuff you don’t need anymore? Look for the Give n' Go blue bins near your campus residence. Acceptable items include useable and clean: clothing, appliances, furniture, tools, books, sporting goods, etc.
Most items can be recycled. All cardboard, paper, metal, glass and some plastics can be recycled in the regular commingled and glass recycling. Larger reusable items and miscellaneous recycling including: Books, electronics, TV’s and monitors can be recycled in specific locations marked on the Zero-Waste Move out guide.
This should be your last option. Strictly reserved for materials that cannot be recycled such as styrofoam and some plastics. Pretty much everything else can be donated, recycled, or composted.
Residence Hall Storage
- Free on-campus storage for students in residence halls is provided on a space-available, at-your-own-risk basis
- To make use of storage, set a time with the RAs in the building where you will live in the fall, they will help you access storage (please plan ahead and clearly label your boxes with name, contact info, and current date)
- Residents will not be able to access hall storage over summer break.
- No hall storage is available for residents moving into the suburbs
Summer bike storage is offered to all students on a space-available, at-your-own-risk basis.
To store your bike on campus over the summer first register your bike (free of charge) with College Public Safety in Cozine Hall. CPS will then give you access to a bike storage room in the HP apartments.
Students are encouraged to secure their bikes with a lock.
If you are moving into a suburb or are otherwise in need of storage, you may wish to consider one of the below companies:
- McMinnville Self Store 503.472.5613
- Pacific Rentals and Storage 503.474.9595
- Mac RV and Self-Storage 503.835.7171
- Your Space Storage McMinnville 503.472.2986
U-haul is no longer offering the on-campus box service they provided in the past.
Cable Box Return
Comcast representatives will be at Withnell commons (mail room) during finals week to collect Cable boxes, cables, and remotes from 9am-1pm on:
- Wednesday, May 24
- Thursday, May 25
- Friday, May 26
- Monday, May 29 (Drop off for this day will be in the ResLife Office, Mahaffey 127)
Please pack up your box, cable, and remote and take them to Withnell during one of these times.
If you can not make it to Withnell during the check-in times, clearly label your equipment with your name, ID#, building, and room or apt number and send them with a friend. Residents will be fined for cable boxes abandoned in their room or building.
For additional information see Cable TV webpage
Dillin’s last meal will be Brunch on Saturday, May 27