Before you begin the registration process, please read the Before You Can Register page for information about setting up preferred sections and potential registration hold-ups.
January & Summer Terms
Fall & Spring Semesters
|Last day to change schedule in WebAdvisor||Day 2||Day 5|
|Last day to add a course
Use online form
|Day 2||End of Week 2|
|Last day to drop a course (no W)
Use online form
|End of Week 1||End of Week 3|
|Last day to withdraw from a course (W grade)
Use online form
|Jan: End of Week 3
Summer: End of Week 6
|End of Week 10|
Online Registration Instructions
- Log in to WebAdvisor,
- Select Student Menu, then Register for Sections, then Register for Previously Selected Sections.
- From the pull down menu under ACTION on the left, select your action.
- You may mark each class you wish as “Register” and click submit at the bottom of the page.
- You may remove courses from your list by marking “remove” and submit.
- After submitting, please notice the messages that indicate which courses actually registered and which did not and the reason.
- Need to add sections to your Preferred List? Return to Search & Register and continue as above.
- When you have finished registering, confirm your registration by going to “My Class Schedule”. If your schedule is not visible, you are NOT registered. Come to the Registrar’s Office if you need assistance.
- Log out of WebAdvisor when finished.
- Some courses are set up with COREQUISITES (like science courses with labs). You should register for the lab first and then the class.
- After you register, confirm your registration by going to "My Class Schedule". If courses do not show on your schedule, you are not registered.
- If Webadvisor registration is not successful, Please read the message in RED on Webadvisor, and contact the following departments as indicated.
Online Adds and Drops (NEW Add/Drop/Withdraw form)
NOT ALL registrations can be done via Webadvisor. Use the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form in the following situations:
- Webadvisor is closed. (after the 2nd class day of Jan/Summer term or the 5th class day of a semester) - Be sure to contact the instructor (especially for adds), then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form.
- OCE courses for McMinnville and Portland students - Contact your advisor, and then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form.
- Instructor consent - Contact the instructor, and then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form.
- Pre-Requisite - If you think you have met the pre-req in another way, contact the instructor and then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form.
- Time conflict - Contact the instructors, and then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form.
- 17-18 credits - Contact your advisor and register for the rest of your courses, then submit the NEW online Add/Drop/Withdraw form for the 17-18th credits
Do not use the online Add/Drop/Withdraw form in the following situattions:
- Course is full - Add yourself to the waitlist via WebAdvisor. Then contact the instructor.
- Overload 19+ credits - Use the paper overload form for 19 or more credits. Additional tuition charges will apply
The Add/Drop/Withdraw Process:
- Once submitted, your Add/Drop/Withdraw request will be sent to your academic advisor for approval.
- If your advisor approves, it will be forwarded to the instructor of the course for approval.
- If the instructor approves, the request will be sent to the Registrar's Office for processing.
* You will receive e-mails letting you know the progress of you request and can view the progress at etcentral.linfield.edu.
The Registrar’s Office is open to assist students with registration questions from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.