Application for Graduation - Instructions for Completing the Degree Application Process
Every student must apply for graduation. This is a two-step process for McMinnville campus students. Portland and Online students need only complete step one.
Step-One: Complete the On-line Application for Graduation
- Log into WebAdvisor and under "Academic Profile", choose "Application for Graduation". (You will be redirected to "Self-Service" where you may have to log-in again.)
- Click "Graduation Overview"
- Select "Apply" for the program of study for which you wish to apply to graduate. Very few students have more than one program. Two majors is not the same as two degrees-you must have at least 155 credits to get two degrees. If you are pursing two degrees, you must apply for both (separately). You can apply to take the degrees at different times. Please note: If you have 2 majors, only the first one (alphabetically) will show on this page.
- Please review all information including degree (BA, BS, BSN), certificate(s), major(s), and minor(s) to ensure the list is complete and there are no extras (that you declared but are no longer pursuing). If you find any discrepancies, please cancel out of the application and email the registrar's office at email@example.com.
- Complete the application information requested.
Please Note: Preferred Name for Diploma/Commencement or Certificate – If you would like to have a variation of your name, please change it in this field. For example, if your name is Jane Elizabeth Doe, you might want your diploma to read 'Jane Doe' or 'Jane E. Doe' or 'J. Elizabeth Doe' or 'Liz Doe', etc... If your name has any special characters (e.g.: á, ä, or ñ), enter the closest thing using the standard keyboard and then email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that the proper coding is used.
- Click the “Submit” button
Step-Two (McMinnville Campus Students only): Submit a signed program evaluation to the Registrar’s Office—You are required to get the signatures of your advisor and the department chair of each of your majors and minors.
- Go to WebAdvisor, and under the "Academic Profile" choose the “Program Evaluation” link.
- Select the check box beside the program for which you wish to apply. Please Note: Programs include all majors and minors that you have officially declared. If any majors or minors are missing or are still included when you no longer plan to complete them, please email the Registrar's Office (email@example.com) and verify that the program has the correct major(s) and minor(s) before completing this step.
- There is no need to change anything else on this page. The "what if I changed my program of study" link is designed to offer students a comparison of how their courses would be applied under a different program. This option is not intended for use during the graduation application process.
- Click Submit.
- A new web page will display your Academic Evaluation or “degree audit”.
- Print this page.
- It will also be helpful to print an unofficial transcript from WebAdvisor to review with your advisor and Department Chair(s).
- After printing out your “Program Evaluation” on WebAdvisor, please make an appointment with your advisor and the appropriate Department Chair(s) to review and sign your “Program Evaluation”.
- If you need courses moved around to fulfill LC requirements, make a note and the Registrar’s Office will make the changes. Remember: 1) any single course can only fulfill one LC, 2) only 2 courses from any department can be used to fulfill LC requirements, and 3) the Upper Division MOI must be from outside your major department.
- If you are not already pre-registered for a course that will fulfill a requirement, please write in the course number of the course(s) you intend to take and the semester(s) in which you plan to take the course.
- If your department chair has approved any changes or substitutions, your advisor or Department Chair should write the changes on the evaluation next to the unfulfilled requirement and the Department Chair needs to sign beside each change or substitution. This will allow us to make the changes in our system such that the requirement will be listed correctly.
- Please bring your signed “Program Evaluation” to the Registrar’s office.
The deadlines for submitting your application and signed Program Evaluation are as follows:
- If you plan to complete your degree in Fall 2017, January 2018, Spring 2018 please submit your online Application for Graduation as soon as possible. The deadline for submission of the signed program evaluations is September 8th. These deadlines help youradvisor advisor, department chairs, and Registrar’s Office to help you make sure that you will have all requirements completed for graduation. This is your responsibility, but we try to help.
- If you plan to complete your degree after Spring 2018 and wish to participate in commencement in May 2018 please submit your Application for Graduation as soon as possible so we can evaluate your eligibility to participate. When you submit your signed program evaluation please make a note at the top that you wish to participate before completing all requirements.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.