Every student has a nursing faculty advisor who serves as a guide and mentor. Consultation with or approval by the faculty advisor is required for a variety of academic program decisions that students make.
Pre-licensure program students are assigned a faculty advisor by the registration officer in consultation with the Dean of Nursing. Students may request a change of advisor because of shared academic interests with another faculty member, difficulty connecting with the assigned advisor, etc. In addition, the Assistant Director of Admission is available to advise students on Linfield Curriculum (general education) and other graduation requirements requirements.
RN to BSN program students are assigned a faculty advisor and an academic advisor upon admission to the School of Nursing.
Portland Schedules & Calendars
Registering for Classes
- Required nursing classes will be added to student schedules by the Registration Office.
- All general education and elective courses are added by students to their own schedule through WebAdvisor.
Resources for Student Support
- Learning Support Services
- Peer Resource Mentor Network (PRN)
- Student Concern/Care Reporting
- NCLEX & Oregon Licensure Information
- Health and Wellness Counseling
- Career Services
Advising Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is an Upper Division course?
- What are student options for fulfilling general education requirements?
- How do students register for required nursing classes?
- How do students change their nursing curriculum plan?
- How do students change their nursing section block from PA to PB?
- How do I read a degree audit?
- How do students find their faculty advisor?
- Should a student join a waitlist or audit a closed course?