Meet the Linfield Nursing StudentThere is no typical nursing student. Students range from young professionals with prior degrees and experienced registered nurses to 20-year-olds seeking bachelor's degrees. Here are the three general categories of nursing students, all working toward a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
TraditionalStudents migrate from the McMinnville Campus or transfer from another institution.
- Average age: 25
- 33% U.S. students of color
- 17% male; 83% female
- 53% begin enrollment at Linfield on the McMinnville Campus; 47% transfer from other institutions to the Portland Campus
AcceleratedStudents with prior bachelor's degree, 15-month program.
- Average age: 28
- 22% U.S. students of color
- 38% male; 62% female
RN-BSNRegistered nurses pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Online program for working nurses
- Average age: 38
- 17% U.S. students of color
- 11% male; 89% female