Expanding Your World View
At Linfield College, students will be challenged to look beyond their hometown and country to understand world issues and appreciate the differences that make all cultures individual and unique. We encourage all of our students to study abroad at least once before they graduate. As part of a Linfield education, students have the opportunity to participate in exciting international study abroad programs as early as the sophomore year. One feature unique to Linfield is that the college will pay for your first round-trip airfare.
The semester abroad opportunities are open to Linfield students who are interested in a cross-cultural experience as part of their general education requirements.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
January Term is an optional four-week session with opportunities for study abroad, on-campus study in specialty electives, as well as many general course offereings. Previous Jan Term Abroad courses have included:
- Cameroon – Health Promotion
- New Zealand - Health Care in New Zealand
- Thailand - Traditional and Modern Health Care in Southeast Asia
- China - One Country, Two Systems
- Australia - From Colony to Asian Power
- France and Italy - Petrach and Revival Roman Studies
- Bali, Java, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore - Indigenous Music of Southeast Asia
- Israel and Jordan - New Testament Studies
- London, Bath and Stratford - British Theatre