Federal Work-Study and Campus Employment Programs
Learning Objectives for Our Federal Work-Study Students...
- To develop students' sense of belonging to the college and the campus community.
- To develop students’ leadership skills so they can have a positive impact on their communities.
- To develop students' professional skills that will serve them throughout their careers.
The purpose of the Federal Work-Study and Campus Employment Programs is to promote part-time employment for students. Only students awarded Federal Work-Study or Campus Employment are eligible to work on campus. You can review your Award Letter in your WebAdvisor account to see if you have been awarded student employment. It is up to each student to secure employment, as jobs are not guaranteed.
Payment for Federal Work-Study or Campus Employment is currently $11.25/hour for the Portland campus. Paychecks are dispersed once a month on the 10th.
- Eligible students will be notified through Linfield e-mail of available positions.
- Students need to contact the hiring supervisor for the position they are interested in and schedule an interview (most jobs will not require you to fill out an application or hand in a resume).
- Once a student has been offered and has accepted a position, they must work with their supervisor to complete the Student Employment Referral Form. Please see the Enrollment Services office on the first floor of Loveridge Hall for this form. One Student Employment Referral Form is required for every job on campus; referral forms expire at the end of each academic year.
- If this is the student's first job on campus, they must complete the following items immediately and bring them, along with the Student Employment Referral Form, to Enrollment Services (Loveridge 1st Floor) prior to beginning their Federal Work-Study or campus employment position.
- W-4 form
- I-9 form Examples of acceptable identification needed for this form are listed on the last page of this document. Bring original identification (not copies) with you to Enrollment Services to complete the I-9.
- Student Employment Safety Guidelines
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Direct Deposit form (recommended, but not required)
Procedure For Job Placement
Eligible Federal Work-Study and campus employment students will be notified through their Linfield e-mail of any available position. Students need to follow the instructions in these emails to apply for job placement. Prior to being hired, students will need to have all requirements completed and contact the hiring supervisor to arrange a work schedule.
Student employment positions require regular and prompt attendance and professional work habits. Students are expected to notify their supervisor when they are unable to work scheduled hours. Failure to conform to normal work standards may result in termination.
Once a student has completed all required paperwork to begin working, Human Resources will create an ADP TimeSaver account for the student. Students will enter their hours worked into TimeSaver.
The department supervisor must submit the student's hours to Payroll through TimeSaver no later than the first business day of the following month.
Paychecks will be available in the Enrollment Services office on the tenth of every month. Earnings are not credited to a student’s account unless special arrangements have been made with the Accounting Office. Therefore, students should subtract the amount of the Work-Study awarded from their total financial aid package when determining the amount of aid that will directly credited to their account.
For students interested in direct deposit please fill out direct deposit form and submit to Enrollment Services Office, 1st Floor of Loveridge Hall.
Self Service Portal Access
How do I get started? Follow the instructions below to set up your access to the Self Service Portal:
- Open Internet Explorer/Edge or Firefox as your browser window
- Click https://portal.adp.com, Click on the “First Time Users Register Here” link on the ADP Self Service login page. Enter the Registration Pass Code: LinfieldC1-pay
- Verify your identity by entering your first and last name (as it appears on your paycheck); your full social security number, and Month/Day of birth
- View your User ID and create your password. Password must be a least 8 characters long and contain at least 1 letter and 1 number.
- Set up your Security Information / questions
- Enter your Contact Information: e-mail address and phone number
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration, along with your user ID that you will use to log into ADP Self Service
- Please keep record of your User ID and password!
- Your confirmation page will list the products available to you
- Click “Done” - your registration is complete!
- Login with your User ID and password
- To login, enter the URL above and select User Login
Upon first login you will be asked to complete a Data Verification Activity of your information.
Please take a couple minutes to review and complete the activity.
Hours You Are Permitted To Work
The hours that students are eligible to work vary and are dependent on the amount of money they have been awarded for work study or campus employment. Payment for Federal Work Study or Campus Employment is currently $11.25/hour. Wages are based on the Oregon state minimum wage. Depending on the location of the employment, Oregon minimum wage varies. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor their wages earned so they do not exceed their financial aid award. The financial aid office will only notify students when they are nearing the limit of their allotted awarded amounts.
Paychecks will be available in the Enrollment Services office on the tenth of every month. Students should subtract the amount of the Work Study awarded from their total financial aid package when determining the amount of aid that will directly credit to their account.
If a student opts to receive their paychecks via Direct Deposit, they will still receive a pay statement for each pay period, and will be contacted to pick them up in Enrollment Services. Students can opt to turn off these pay statements by logging into in the Self Service Portal (see Self Service Portal Access above to register if required.) Once you have logged in, select "Pay Statements" from the Pay & Taxes dropdown menu, then select "Go Paperless".
Student employment positions require regular and prompt attendance and professional work habits. Students are expected to notify their supervisors when they are unable to work scheduled hours. Failure to conform to normal work standards may result in termination.
For assistance or questions regarding any of the above procedures please contact:
- Chris Mast at 503-413-8481 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org