Clinical Requirements and Evaluations
Health Passport, ACEMAPP, and Clinical Site-Specific Requirements
The Health Passport, ACEMAPP, and Clinical Site-Specific requirements are mandatory clinical requirements set by the Oregon Health Authority, Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing, and clinical affiliates. All pre-licensure students and clinical faculty are responsible for satisfying and maintaining compliance to all three of these processes prior to the start of each semester and throughout the semester.
Licensed RN to BSN online students have specific, limited requirements as indicated in the Health Passport Requirements below.
1. Health Passport Requirements
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Summer 2016
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Checklist Summer 2016
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Fall 2016
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Checklist Fall 2016
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Checklist Spring 2017
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Checklist Summer 2017
- BSN Pre-Licensure Requirements Checklist Fall 2017
- RN to BSN Requirements for licensed RNs in the online program: Students will be required to (1) complete a criminal background check (www.castlebranch.com, package code Li11) and (2) upload verification of their RN license in the mandatory online orientation. Students will participate in the orientation prior to the start of NURS 308. Additional requirements for service learning will be determined by the specific service learning site.
- Faculty: Please contact Nursing Administrative Support staff members at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific requirements for clinical and theory faculty.
The Pre-Licensure Student and Faculty Health Passport is a document printed off from CastleBranch:
- Log in to your CastleBranch account.
- Go to Document Center> My Documents> Clinical Requirements
- Download and print out the document titled, Results_XXXXX.pdf (the X's are numbers).
- You can print a smaller version by selecting “Booklet” under Page Sizing and Handling in the print menu
- Present this to your clinical instructor for his/her review and signature/date.
- The passport must be COMPLIANT with a NEXT ACTION DATE in the future to attend lab and clinical, and ALL PAGES must be accessible at all times whenever the student or faculty is in a clinical facility or in lab.
- Alerts are emailed at 60 days, 30 days, and weekly prior to the due date of the next action date to avoid missing the deadline. Pay attention to those emails so you do not miss clinical or lab.
2. ACEMAPP (clinical site management system for pre-licensure students):
Clinical placements are assigned after all ACEMAPP assessments and required documents are complete and approved. Clinical facilities have direct access to ACEMAPP to review student and faculty requirements at any time.
Students and clinical faculty are required to complete three assessments within the ACEMAPP program (Bloodborne Pathogens, OSHA, and HIPAA) and to upload four documents, and only four, from CastleBranch into ACEMAPP:
- Health Passport (noted above):this document must be re-uploaded every time the passport is updated with new documents.
- Drug screen results from your admission drug screen.
- Background check results from your admission background check.
- Influenza vaccination for the current flu season, uploaded as a separate document from the Health Passport in ACEMAPP.
Incoming Students: Please be aware that you will not have clinical site-specific requirements in the first Integrated Experiential Learning (IEL) semester, and therefore, will not have an ACEMAPP account until mid-way through your first semester. You will receive an email at that time with instructions for enrolling in ACEMAPP to prepare for IEL Semester 2 (NURS 375).
3. Site-Specific Requirements for Pre-licensure Students
Clinical site-specific requirements are variable depending on the facility. Please see clinical requirements set by a clinical facility; these additional requirements must be completed prior to the start of a clinical experience. Some clinical sites require completion of requirements several weeks in advance, so students are advised to watch for emails during school breaks to avoid delays in starting clinical experiences.
Students must submit required site-specific documents to ACEMAPP. Prior to the first day of lab or clinical rotation, clinical faculty will sign-off on students' Health Passports attesting that all clinical requirements (Health Passport and Site-Specific) have been satisfied.
NOTE: the required drug screen for all sites is satisfied through our approved vendor, CastleBranch. You do not need a second drug screen.