The Composers Studio at Linfield features a music technology lab with high quality equipment that mirrors the type of facility used by music and audio recording professionals.
The "Music and Technology" course provides students a hands-on opportunity to utilize the lab in individually designed projects and to consider the emerging impact of technological developments in today's artistic climate. Students have the opportunity to continue their study on an individual level.
Creative projects in music and technology are explored in the form of multi-media collaborations, performance art, digital recording and editing, and professional notation.
Opportunities in the study of music technology at Linfield offer a competitive edge in developing a professional career and a valuable resource through which to explore the continually expanding possibilities of sound.
- Ableton Live 9 Suite
- Digital Performer
- Finale with TgTools
- Fonts: MusicEd + MusicEd Fingerings
- Garritan Virtual Instrument Sound Libraries: Ultimate Collection, Harps, CFX Concert Grand
- GRM Tools Complete
- Logic Pro
- Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate
- Propellerhead Reason (+ All rigs)
- Sibelius with NotePerformer, PhotoScore, Notate Me and Audio Score Ultimate
- Toast Titanium
- Waves Platinum Bundle
- iMac with Retina 5K display and two additional displays
- Apogee Quartet Audio Interface
- Genelec Monitor Speakers
- KORG NX5r Synth Module
- Line 6 POD HD500x Guitar Multi-effects Processor
- Mackie 1202 mixer
- Maschine Studio Interface
- MIDI interfaces
- Various microphones
- StudioLogic SL-880 keyboard controller
- Tascam DA20mkllDAT recorder
- Lexicon MPX1 effects processor
- Eventide H3000-d/sx UltraHarmo