To continue to protect participants and spectators from the further spread of COVID-19, safety protocols for all home athletic events implemented on Aug. 20, including the requirement that attendees be vaccinated and wear masks, will continue until further notice.
Director of Athletics Garry Killgore made the announcement on Sept. 23 after consulting the university’s COVID-19 emergency response team, university administrators and local health officials.
- All individuals (age 12 and over) entering any athletics venue must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination along with photo identification. A photo is acceptable. No exemptions are allowed.
- Due to the COVID-19 vaccine policy for Linfield faculty, staff and students, Linfield individuals must simply show their current Linfield ID for admittance into athletics venues.
- Masks must be worn by spectators (age 5 and over) at all times, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Participants – including players, coaches, support staff and media – will follow all NCAA, Northwest Conference, Linfield and OHA guidelines for wearing masks. All participants, including those on the sidelines, must wear masks throughout the duration of all athletic events, both indoor and outdoor, and during pregame and postgame activities unless actively engaged in play or duty.
- Members of the Linfield Cheer and Stunt team, the Linfield Dance Squad and the Linfield Marching Band will wear face coverings at all times, unless actively performing.
- Linfield’s fan festival at home football games, known as Streak Street, will go on as planned along Lever Street, directly behind Memorial Stadium. Streak Street will continue to feature food and beverage vendors, local merchant displays and other entertainment for guests. Masks must be worn by all individuals and spectators at all times, except while actively eating or drinking on Streak Street. This includes all vendors, employees and children (ages 5 and over) participating in Young Cat Club activities.
- Fans visiting Linfield and gathering for unofficial tailgates or social activities are encouraged to follow good safety and health practices, including wearing face coverings when in large groups, washing their hands frequently and staying home if feeling sick.
More information about Linfield University’s COVID-19 response can be found at linfield.edu/covid.