In concert with the Northwest Conference (NWC), Linfield University Athletics will allow spectators on a limited basis and by invitation only, under state and local guidance, and following campus visitation policies as of April 10.
This latest policy pertains only to spring sports classified at Intermediate and Low Risk. Those sports include baseball, golf, lacrosse, rowing, softball, tennis (outdoor only), and track & field. High-risk sports and indoor sports, including indoor tennis, will not be allowed to have any spectators for the remainder of the academic year.
Currently, Yamhill County is at “Lower Risk”. As such, the maximum capacity of any outdoor venue will be 300. However, that number includes all players, coaches, athletic trainers, sports information staff, administration, etc., as well as any invited spectators.
In addition, limits will be set on the number of spectators due to physical distancing requirements. Therefore, the following restrictions will be in place:
- BASEBALL: The baseball stadium will have no more than 150 total spectators.
- SOFTBALL: The softball stadium, including the two outfield sets of bleachers, will have no more than 100 total spectators.
- TENNIS: The number of spectators at an outdoor tennis match will be determined by whether or not there is a home track and field meet. NO spectators will be permitted inside Rutschman Fieldhouse.
- TRACK AND FIELD: The number of spectators at a track and field meet will be determined by how many teams and participants there are at the meet.
The administrator of the day, in conjunction with the director of athletics, will determine spectator totals for both track & field and tennis, based on the overall schedule and number of participants, etc.
The following are specific procedures that must be followed or the ability to host spectators at Linfield Athletic events can and will be cancelled at any time:
- NO visiting team spectators are allowed.
- Invited spectators must be on an approved list (names only) that is provided by the head coach (or designee) of the respective sport at least 24 hours prior to the competition.
- All relevant information for contact tracing will be required of all invited guests before entering any athletic venue, i.e. name(s), address(es), best contact phone number(s), and email(s), of each spectator on the list. This will be collected by the head coach on a second list and turned into the administrator at the same time as the names only list.
- All spectators must pass a health screening immediately prior to entry (no symptoms or fever).
- Invited spectators will be allowed entry to the venue no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Physical distancing of at least 3 feet and capacity restrictions must be followed at all times. If a seating chart is being used, all spectators will be required to sit in their assigned location.
- Masks are expected to be worn at all times. NO exceptions.
- NO outside food or beverages will be allowed
Lack of compliance of any institutional rules and/or local/state guidance could result in Linfield returning to its no-spectator policy. Please help us to protect the health and well-being of everyone, and help us to mitigate the possibility of the transmission of COVID-19 by following all policies.