The young artists and international faculty of the Castleman Quartet Program will present five free programs of chamber music in August, during the program’s summer-in-residence at Linfield College.
The performances will be held in Delkin Recital Hall in the Vivian Bull Music Center and include:
- Wednesday, Aug. 9, 7:30 p.m. — Soloists will perform works by Copland, Beethoven and more
- Thursday, Aug. 10, 7:30 p.m. — Two student quintets will perform works by Schumann and Korngold
- Friday, Aug. 11, 7:30 p.m. — Soloists will perform works by Chopin, Schumann and more
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 3 p.m. — Soloists will perform works by Nielsen, Shostakovich and more
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 7:30 p.m. — Grand finale concert with three student piano quintets performing masterworks by Franck, Beethoven and Brahms
Additionally, there will be a recital for violin and piano performed by both Charlie Castleman and professor Albert Kim on Thursday, July 27 at 8:00 p.m. in Delkin Hall, featuring Beethoven’s Violin Concerto.
Founded by Charles Castleman in 1970, the Castleman Quartet Program is an intensive and extensive workshop in solo and chamber performance. Now in its 48th season, the Castleman Quartet Program is held at S.U.N.Y. Fredonia and at Linfield College. This year is the second summer-in-residence at Linfield.
Concerts are free and open to the public. For more information, visit http://www.quartetprogram.com/performances/linfield-concerts/.