Dear students and families,
Linfield University remains committed to providing a full residential, liberal arts experience on campus for fall 2020. New safety and health protocols have been put into place, and dining, housing and student services will remain open and available for students. The Linfield experience will continue, even if it is modified for these challenging times. Classes will be offered in a mix of formats, including in-person, online and, in some cases, a (hybrid) combination of online and in-person.
We are asking all students to sign a Wild for our Health Commitment prior to coming to campus, agreeing to follow healthy practices for their own sake and the sake of others. McMinnville students received a link to review and digitally sign the Commitment on Friday; Portland students will receive their version soon.
Linfield’s return-to-campus protocols were developed in collaboration with and based on recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Oregon Health Authority, local public health officials in Yamhill and Multnomah counties and the State of Oregon’s Higher Education Coordinating Commission.
As the new academic year approaches, there are a variety of offices on campus to help:
- Questions about housing and dining should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for McMinnville students and email@example.com for Portland students.
- Questions about health protocols on campus should be sent to Linfield Student Health, Wellness and Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic or course-offering questions should be directed to Academic Advising at email@example.com or your academic adviser.
- Questions about student life should be directed to the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org on the McMinnville campus and email@example.com on the Portland campus.
- Sports-related questions should go to Assistant Director of Athletics Jane Samuels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation, and your hope for better days ahead. None of this is easy, but we remain committed to providing students with the best Linfield experience possible.
Vice President for Student Affairs