The sounds of 634 trumpets, drums and other band instruments will be heard on the Linfield University McMinnville Campus on Saturday, Oct. 2 as the university hosts the Linfield Marching Band‘s Tournament of the Bands. Ten bands from across Oregon will compete at Memorial Stadium (Southwest Lever Street, McMinnville) as part of the Northwest Association for Performing Arts (NWAPA) circuit. Opening ceremonies begin at 12:45 p.m., with the preliminary round at 1 p.m. and finals at 6 p.m.
“As a developing college marching band program, we are excited to support and showcase the talents of our regional high schools by providing a quality experience on Linfield’s campus,” said Seth Wollam, director of bands.
The event is open to the public, and face coverings are required for all spectators and non-active participants. General admission tickets, good for the full day of competition, are available for $15 at the gate. Tickets for children ages 2 to 10 are $10, and youth under the age of 2 are free.
A full schedule of the preliminary round is:
- 12:45 p.m. Opening ceremonies
- 1 p.m. Glencoe High School (A)
- 1:13 p.m. North Salem High School (AA)
- 1:26 p.m. McMinnville High School (AA)
- 1:39 p.m. Hillsboro High School (AA)
- 1:52 p.m. Sprague High School (AA)
- 2:05 p.m. break
- 2:15 p.m. Westview High School (AAA)
- 2:28 p.m. West Salem High School (AAA)
- 2:41 p.m. Sheldon High School (AAA)
- 2:54 p.m. Sherwood High School (AAA)
- 3:07 p.m. Mountainside High School (AAA)
- 3:45 p.m. Preliminary awards announced
The finals continue at 5:45 p.m. with the ten bands performing in ordering of ranking from the preliminary round, from tenth to first. The final awards will be given at 8:45 p.m.
For more information, contact Seth Wollam, director of bands, at 503-883-2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.