Reserving EMS Equipment
To reserve equipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 503-883-2264. On campus, dial extension 2264. Please note email is the preferred method for requests.
Staff members look at e-mail approximately 3 times each weekday. Please note that EMS does not have full-time staff between 4 pm Fridays and Sunday afternoons.
We will need to know:
- Your name and phone number (extension)
- The day and time you want to use the AV equipment (start time and end time)
- The room you will be using
- What types of equipment you will need
- Any accessories you may need (Mac adaptor, wired Internet, sound, etc.)
- If you have any special instructions as to set-up or use, please let us know.
If you are not sure exactly what you need, we can brainstorm with you, or visit the location you will be using to recommend appropriate set-up of equipment.
Reserving Equipment in Person
If you are in the library, you may come to EMS and make your request for equipment use in person. This is preferable if you are not sure how to operate the equipment you will use. An EMS worker will be happy to assist you in learning how to set up and operate any of our equipment.
Equipment that we will deliver to your classroom:
- Video/Data projectors
- Laptops (all our laptops are dual-boot Macs meaning they can run as a Mac or Windows laptop. Please let us know if you have a preference.)
- We also can help you determine a display adapter you might need, we strongly recommend purchasing your own for your computer. Please contact email@example.com with further questions on this.
- TVs (including flat-screen, HDTVs), VCR/DVD players, multi-region VCR/DVD players
- Convenor (conference phone). NOTE: these will only work in certain rooms - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for locations.
- Powerpoint clicker/laser pointer
- Skype cameras (Skype instructions)
- Boom boxes
We have a limited collection of old format playback. Please contact email@example.com for details.
EMS has equipment available for student use as well. EMS does not deliver for students*, so please plan to pick your equipment up and return it to the library. Equipment is available on a first-come, first-serve basis so we strongly recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation as soon as you know you need equipment.
- VCR/DVD Players
- Blu-Ray Player
- Digital Audio Recorders
- Digital Cameras
- Mac VGA Adaptors
- Drawing Tablet (for use in the EMS lab only)
- Boom boxes
*The only exception is if equipment is needed in a class. Then the student requesting should include the faculty member’s name in the email request.
Priorities for Reserving AV Equipment
If our pool of equipment is limited, our priority of service is:
1. Support of classroom instruction
2. Support of administrative, staff, and faculty meetings
3. Support of official student activity functions
4. Personal use by faculty, staff, and students
Our priority for use of equipment in the classroom is first-come, first-served. Requests are filed by date, and early requests are honored first when the equipment pool is limited.
Requests for equipment may be made for one class session or for the entire semester, if you have your schedule set. If you make requests for the entire semester and your schedule changes, please let us know so we can re-schedule for you and/or make the equipment available for another person.
Please notify EMS at least 24 hours ahead of time when ordering AV equipment. We will try to accommodate last-minute requests as often as possible, but sometimes we cannot do so.
Please contact email@example.com to request chairs, tables, podiums, portable whiteboards, or microphones.