3D Printing Policies:
- Nicholson Library’s 3D printer is available to Linfield students, faculty, and staff.
- The 3D printer is in public view, and printed objects may be shown printing in other public venues.
- Nicholson Library’s 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. No one will be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printer to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce material subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- The cost of printing is $2 for (up to) the first 20 grams of filament plus an additional $0.10 per gram for each gram over 20 used in the printing process, including support materials. 3D printing costs will be charged to your account or can be paid in cash at pickup.
- Library staff will not remove any support material from prints.
- Items must be picked up by the individual who submitted the request, using a Linfield ID. Items must be paid for at pick up.
- Items printed from the library's 3D printer not picked up within 7 days after being printed become the property of Nicholson Library, unless other arrangements are made prior to printing.
- Errors caused by the file or requesting patron, such as improper file formats, corrupted files, unusual objects, and other unforeseen issues, are the responsibility of the patron to pay for the materials used.
- Failed prints caused by staff or hardware error will not be the patron's responsibility.
- Only designated Nicholson Library staff and volunteers will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- Users must comply with Linfield University's ITS policies.
- Procedures and policies governing the use of the 3D printer are subject to change.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
Contact Educational Media Services at email@example.com with further questions.