Technology Information for Students
Linfield College recognizes the need to provide students with a high quality computing environment. All student's residence hall rooms have Ethernet network connections (except Legacy) along with wireless network access (also available in many public areas of the campus). We have two computer labs for general student use that are open 24 hrs/7 days a week (located in Renshaw Hall), computers in Nicholson Library, and a number of academic departments also have computers available for student use.
ITS provides numerous services for students. If you need assistance, please feel free to stop by Mac Hall Room 106, call (503) 883-2553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What ITS does
- Fix faulty Ethernet jacks in all campus housing.
- Perform basic malware and virus cleaning. Not all infections will be able to be removed with the basic cleaning tools, and may require a more in-depth cleaning service not provided by ITS.
- Provide recommendations when service is not supported (i.e. outside vendor contact).
- Provide phone support.
- Provide access to Office products and file storage services via Office 365.
We do not:
- Repair computers or other hardware not mentioned above.
- Setup computers for other local networks (Verizon, AT&T).
- Provide Operating Systems (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) or other software (Adobe, etc.) for student use.
- Provide file storage services other than Office 365.
Printing in Student Labs/Library
Grayscale printers charge five cents ($.05) per page. Color printers charge twenty five cents ($.25) per page. All print charges will be charged to your student account. You can find out what your print account balance is at any time.