Download and install Office 365 on a PC
Note: If you have a previous version of Office installed, it needs to be uninstalled before downloading and installing Office 365.
- Sign in to Office 365 (portal.office.com) with your Catnet credentials. If you are unable to, please contact the ITS Support Office for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-883-2553).
- From the home page, click on the link on the upper right to install the latest version of Office. Note: you can also just use the online apps instead of downloading.
- Depending on your browser, go to the install pop-up that appears and click Run (in Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- The installation begins.
- Your install of Office is finished when you see the phrase, You're all set! Office is installed now and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Follow the instructions in the window, for example Click Start > All Apps to see where your apps are, and select Close.
- Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel. In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you agree to the License terms by clicking Accept.