Download and install Office 365 on a Mac
Note: If you have a previous version of Office installed, it needs to be uninstalled before downloading and installing Office 365.
- Sign in to Office 365 (portal.office.com) with your Catnet credentials. If you are unable to, please contact the ITS Support Office for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-883-2553).
- From the home page, click on the link on the upper right to install the latest version of Office. Note: you can also just use the online apps instead of downloading.
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click the Microsoft Office Installer.pkg.
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Review the disk space requirements, and then click Install.
- Enter your Catnet credentials, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This should be the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished.
Launch an Office for Mac app and start the activation process
- Click on Finder -> Go -> Applications. Locate an Office 365 application (e.g., Word, Excel) and click on it.
- The What's New window opens automatically when you launch Word (for example). Click Get Started to start activating.