Semester Abroad in France
"The beauty of studying abroad is that every day is a new day and you learn something unique by the end of it. Even if it is just a regular school day, being in a new culture means you will see and experience something interesting or novel in your routine." Elin Johnson
Linfield College has entered into partnerships with 2 institutions in France as program options for minors and majors in French as well as students in the wine studies program. Students stay with host families for a full French immersion. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the program websites:
- Centre International D'etudes Francaises, L'Universite Catholique De L'Ouest, in Angers (for those with at least one year of college level French at the time of application)
- IAU College, Aix-en-Provence
- Track 1: French
- Track 2: Wine Studies
- University of Burgundy - new program! (for those with at least one year of college level French.)
More detailed information on these locations can be found on the French Department's Website.
- French language programs
- All participants are required to take or audit the appropriate level of French in the semester directly preceding their study abroad in France as described above.
- Angers: minimum 1 year of college level French
- Aix-en Provence & Burgundy: 1 years of college level French; For the Aix Honors Program and French majors, at least two years of college level French is required.
- Preference given to students with at least a B average in French language
- Wine Studies
- Currently in Linfield's Wine Studies program
- No language prerequisites, but must take a French language course while abroad
- French language along with a variety of electives at each site.
- Wine studies program
- Angers: Students living with host families and some meals are included. Meals can also be purchased at the university restaurants which are open for lunch and dinner during the school year.
- Aix-en Provence: Student live with host families. Daily breakfast and six weekday dinners are included.
- Burgundy: students on the French language program stay with host families; wine studies students may choose either a host family or campus housing.
- Program Brochure
- Cost Sheet
- Information Booklet (PDF) - safety, suggested spending budget, students guide, and more
- Cost Comparison
- Scholarship Information
- University of Burgundy Brochure
- Student Blogs
Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities
The Linfield French Department has information about Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities in France.