Semester Abroad in France
Linfield College has entered into partnerships with 2 institutions in France as program options for minors and majors in French as well as students in the wine studies program. Students stay with host families for a full French immersion. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the program websites:
- Centre International D'etudes Francaises, L'Universite Catholique De L'Ouest, in Angers (for those with at least one year of college level French at the time of application)
- IAU College, Aix-en-Provence
- Track 1: French (French majors in particular)
- Track 2: Wine Studies
More detailed information on these locations can be found on the French Department's Website.
- French language programs
- All participants are required to take or audit the appropriate level of French in the semester directly preceding their study abroad in France as described above.
- Angers: minimum 1 year of college level French
- Aix-en Provence: 2 years of college level French
- Preference given to students with at least a B average in French language
- Wine Studies
- Currently in Linfield's Wine Studies program
- No language prerequisites, but must take a French language course while abroad
- Fall or spring semesters (dates vary by location)
- French language along with a variety of electives at each site.
- Wine Studies program
- Students will live with host families in all program options
- Program Brochure
- Cost Sheet
- Information Booklet (PDF) - safety, suggested spending budget, students guide, and more
- Scholarship Information
Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities
The Linfield French Department has information about Internships, Work Study, and Extra-Curricular Activities in France.