Study Abroad Costs and Financial Aid
- The cost of a semester or year abroad in any of Linfield’s administered programs is similar to the cost of a semester on the McMinnville campus, depending on the program selected.
- The Cost Sheet includes details the individual costs per semester/year programs.
- The Jan Term Faculty Led Program page includes cost information for Jan Term programs.
- The Semester Abroad Cost Comparison compares the cost of a semester at Linfield to a semester abroad.
- Participants pay regular Linfield tuition and a program fee unique to each site.
- The regular financial aid package awarded by the College can be applied to all Linfield-administered semester/year programs.
- Linfield pays the round trip airfare for all tuition paying students on a Linfield program outside of the continental U.S., from Portland International Airport to one destination for one trip - for approved travel for semester, academic year, and January Term programs - for each student who meets program requirements.
- Students are responsible for:
- Passport, visa and luggage fees (some countries require visa application documents to be submitted in person at their consulate. Typical consulate locations for Oregon residents include San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle, but could be elsewhere)
- Any required inoculations
- Expenses for local transportation, independent travel
- Food and lodging not covered by the program (for example, during the vacation periods when classes are not in session),
- Other out of pocket expenses
- Previous participants’ estimates of suggested personal budgets are included for each semester abroad website in the Information Packet.
- Scholarships - There are many scholarships available to Linfield student studying abroad.
- GoOverseas Ultimate Guide to Financing your Life Abroad - The GoOverseas Guide will help you with everything from saving money before you go abroad, spending money while you are abroad, student discounts while abroad, money scams and more.