Timelines - Jan Term and Semester Abroad
Applications available only online , not in IPO.
- Jan Term
- 5pm, Friday, Feb. 21, 2020
- Semester/Year Abroad
- Fall: 5pm, Monday, Sept. 30, 2019
- Spring: 5pm, Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 (freshmen and late applicants, subject to programs with openings)
(subject to revision)
(JT '21 Courses announced in mid to late January, 2020)
- Applications due Friday, February 21, 2020 in IPO (Walker Hall, Suite 120)
- Portland Campus
- Send app in the US mail to IPO: must be received by IPO no later than Feb. 21 or
- Turn in completed apps to Matt Hiller in Loveridge Hall no later than noon on Friday, Feb 21
Jan Term Fairs (mid-February)
- McMinnville Campus, Dillin Hall Foyer:
- Tuesday, Feb. 11th and Monday, Feb. 17th; 11am - 1pm
- Thursday, Feb. 13th and Wednesday, Feb. 19th; 5pm-7pm
- Portland Campus, Loveridge Foyer
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 11am-2pm
Jan Term Timeline, revised:
Due to COVID-19, accept, alternate and non-select letters for JT '21 off-campus courses will be sent out to applicants by the week of April 20th.
Thank you for your patience.
- Feb 21, 2020 Application deadline at 5pm
- Feb 24 IPO review of applications
- Feb 25 Student Affairs review of applications
- Feb 28 Faculty post interview days/times on-line
- Mar 2 - 6 Qualified applicants invited to sign-up for interviews
- Mar 9 - 20 Faculty/student interviews
- Mar 20 Decisions due from faculty (select, alternate, non-select)
- Mar 30 Decision letters sent out. If their course is still open after spring break, faculty will have the opportunity to interview students who originally applied, but were not accepted to their first choice after spring break.
- April 10 2nd round decisions due from professors, if applicable
- Late April Accept, alternate, and non-select letters sent to 2nd round candidates
- May 1 Withdrawal after this date will result in student's account being charged a $500 penalty along with any expenses Linfield has incurred on the student's behalf.
- May 1 Faculty itineraries due
- May 1 Passport copies due/final name list to travel agents; passports must be valid at least until August, 2021.
(subject to revision)
Fall 2019 Timeline
- Now: Applications available online
- September 4 Study Abroad Fair, Fred Meyer Lounge, 11am - 3pm
- Sept 30 Applications due in the IPO ( Walker Hall, Suite 120), (Freshmen apps due Friday, Feb. 21, 2020)
- Oct 1 - 4 Review by Student Affairs
- Oct 7 - 25 Qualified students invited for interviews
- Oct 31 Decisions due to IPO by interview teams
- Nov 4 - 8 Decision letters sent out to students' unit boxes.
Spring 2020 Timeline
- Feb 10 Passport copies due from accepted applicants
- Feb 21 Freshmen applications and all other late applications due in the International Programs Office, Walker 120 (subject to programs with openings)
- Feb 24 - 26 Student Affairs Review
- Feb 27 - Mar 6 Qualified students invited for interviews
- Mar 6 Decisions due to IPO
- Mar 9 - 10 Letters out
- Mar 13 - 14 Mandatory Orientation Weekend, Jonasson Hall
- (Friday 4-6pm; Saturday 8:30 am-5pm)
- Apr 1 Withdrawal after this date will result in student's account being charged a $500 penalty along with any expenses Linfield has incurred on the student's behalf. See Student Agreement Form in the application for details: section 1, C1.
- Apr 15 Passport copies due from applicants accepted during spring cycle.