A trip to Busan

After midterms, a friend and I decided to take a trip to Busan, which is in the south of Korea. It was a nice weekend getaway from the busy Seoul life. And it was just what I needed after midterms. Although it was a weekend getaway, it was full of exploring, walking, and trying new things.  First, we headed to the Busan Tower. The view from the top of the tower is absolutely stunning, showing the whole city of Busan.

View of the city of Busan around a bay from the Busan Tower
View from the Busan Tower

While at the Busan Tower, a friend and I decided to try on a hanbok, which is traditional Korean  clothing for semi formal or formal occasions. This type of clothing dates back to the Joseon Dynasty period which was from 1392 to 1897.  The hanbok that I wore had made me feel like true princes, I had never in my life worn something so beautiful. It’s pretty custom that Koreans and foreigners alike rent the hanbok’s for a short period of time and take pictures. Since we were at the Busan Tower, it was perfect place to take pictures.

girl dressed in Korean Traditional Clothing called a hanbok.
Dressed in a hanbok, which is traditional Korean clothing.
The Busan Tower stands behinds female student wearing traditional Korean clothing.
Wearing traditional Korean clothing with the tall and proud Busan Tower behind me.
View of the metropolitan city of Busan, Korea, taken from the Busan Tower.
Looking at the view from the top of the Busan Tower.

We also visited the Yeongdo Lighthouse, which is a historical sight where the lighthouse provided a beacon of light to ships around Busan Port for over a hundred years. The air was fresh and luckily we got to see the lighthouse when the sun was out and shining.

Yeongdo Lighthouse
Yeongdo Lighthouse

One of my favorite spots to visit was the Busan Gamcheon Culture village. The tourist guide explained that the Culture Village was once a popular place for war refugees to settle in after the Korean War. Also known as the “Machu Picchu” of Korea, the village is full of paintings and murals on the walls and now has become a very popular tourist attraction. With cafes, shops, and many more businesses filling the area.

Culture Village, or also known as the Machu Picchu of Korea.
Student standing on balcony with the Culture Villlage in the background.
The beautiful and colorful Culture Village.

Overall, my trip to Busan was absolutely exhausting but it was so worth it. It was nice to get away from one of the busiest cities in the world and enjoy the beach and the breeze.

Ill update as soon as I can,

Diana