Adjunct faculty and temporary employees are not eligible for health insurance benefits; however, you might qualify for health insurance benefits under the Affordable Care Act as outlined in your appointment/offer letter. Please refer to your appointment/offer letter or contact the Human Resources Department for more information about the Affordable Care Act. You are still eligible to contribute to Linfield's 403(b) Retirement Plan as an employee.
In order to be eligible for most benefits, a regular status benefit-eligible employee must be designated at 0.50 FTE or above. Linfield's contribution toward health insurance premiums are prorated based on the FTE. Benefit-eligible employees can make their benefits elections through the Benefits portal. Detailed plan documents and contact information for each insurance carrier can be found on the portal.
- The Employee Benefits Portal is available to do any of the following:
- View current benefits, costs, and value of elected benefits
- View/change personal and dependent information
- Enroll in benefits as a New Employee
- Request Qualifying Event benefit changes
- If you are accessing the Employee Benefits Portal for the first time:
- select Register to set up your username, password and security questions.
- Company key: "benefits"
- “Your Health” tab contains information about defined contributions and your health highlights that list all the rates of the insurance
- You are also encouraged to utilize the “Reference Center” on the BenefitSolver’s portal, which is located on the top of the webpage to the left of your name. All detailed plan documents are housed under Reference Center > Reference Center > Linfield College
- Examples of plan documents that are available on the Reference Center are Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Health Saving Account, Supplemental Insurance, Life, Disability, LegalShield and 403(b) TIAA Retirement
- Employee Benefits Portal - Instruction Sheet
Plan Information and Benefits Overviews
- Plan Phone Numbers, Websites and Group ID Numbers
- 2020-21 Medical Benefits & Rate Comparisons - Effective April 1, 2020
- Added Choice Plan (administered by Kaiser) - Effective April 1, 2020
- 2019-2020 Medical Benefits & Rate Comparisons - Ending March 31, 2020
- Exempt Staff Benefits Overview
- Non-Exempt Staff Benefits Overview
- Faculty Benefits Overview
- Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice
- ERISA EE Benefits Plan Document & SPD
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- PPACA & ERISA Notices