Health, Human Performance, and Athletics
Exercise Science: Goals for the Major
In successfully completing a major in exercise science, a student will be able to:
- understand and apply the underlying scientific foundations of the sub disciplines of exercise science;
- demonstrates the ability to administer, evaluate, and interpret assessment techniques and protocols inherent in exercise and sport science;
- design appropriate exercise prescription for diverse populations which account for possible modifications due to environmental conditions and special needs of the subjects;
- engage in health promotion activities including physical assessments, interpretation of assessments, and program design and delivery; and
- pursue ongoing professional development in exercise and sport science or related professional fields through further education, employment and participation in professional organizations.