- Translator, Journal of Medicine and Movies
- Hewlett-Packard Co.
- REACH Project, a non-profit case management program
- ESL Educational Assistant, Newberg School District
- McMinnville High School
- Yamhill Community Action Partnership (YCAP)
- Habitat for Humanity, English-Spanish interpreter
"During the spring of freshman year, I had an internship with Habitat for Humanity as an English-Spanish translator/interpreter. I translated applications, publicity and other related documents into Spanish, served as interpreter between Selection Committee members and applicant families, and participated actively in the selection process, including visits to applicant families' homes to assess current living situations."
- Lily Nyland, Intercultural Communications major and Japanese and Spanish double minor
Powerhouse Mentoring Program
"I was the first intern they ever had and it turned out to be a great experience. I took on the task of creating two promotional dvds when I had no experience whatsoever creating and editing videos. I interviewed mentors and mentees and learned how to apply the skills I learned in classes to a real life situation. My internship made me realize that I have really valuable skills to share with others."
- Nadia Abraibesh, Psychology major and Spanish minor
Lutheran Community Services
"My two main focuses in LCS were learning from their social workers and attending Parenting Classes once a week to learn about the role of the social worker who leads the class. Another focus was helping with their new Immigration Program. I helped the director of the program with outreach and information distribution, and I also translated fliers and documents. The internship taught me a lot about the structure and intense commitment that goes into a non-profit community agency."
- Rosa Gimson, '12, Anthropology major and Spanish and Art double minor