Thanks for your interest in working for the 2018-19 Phonathon team!
Phonathon callers are responsible for making phone calls to Linfield College alumni, parents, and friends. The purpose of Phonathon is to engage with the larger Linfield community and help build and maintain relationships. Calls usually include updating contact information, sharing stories about Linfield, and asking for donations. Phonathon callers are ambassadors for the college and will work to positively enhance the culture of philanthropy at Linfield.
Callers must work at least two shifts per week (same shifts each week):
- Sunday afternoon
- Monday - Thursday evenings
Possibility for additional hours through subbing and optional shifts, not included in required two-shift minimum.
- Available to work at least two of the above shifts (6-7 hours) per week - required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and friendly disposition
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and a positive attitude while talking about Linfield
- Confident, positive attitude toward philanthropy
- Strong individual work ethic and interest in working as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prior customer service, sales or fundraising experience a plus, but not required
- $11.25 per hour
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and all are encouraged to apply. Returning callers do NOT need to submit an application form. Please contact Annual Giving or visit CatConnect to apply.
Phonathon Leadership Positions
Leadership opportunities are available to returning callers who have worked at Phonathon for a minimum of one semester. Phonathon managers help lead their peers and learn the daily operations of the call center.
For more information, contact the Annual Giving office at 503.883.2217.