How to Join Linfield Fraternity & Sorority Life (FSL)
In order to be eligible to participate in fraternity or sorority recruitment activities, students must meet the following criteria.
- Have completed a full semester at Linfield OR another higher education institution as a transfer student
- AP/IB, dual enrollment, and high school transfer credits do not apply
- Have a 2.50 cumulative Linfield College GPA
- Be enrolled full-time at Linfield College
- Not be subject to any pending or active conduct violations or sanctions
- Participate in an information session sponsored by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
While first-year, non-transfer students cannot join a chapter until the spring recruitment process in February, there are opportunities for you to get to know fraternity & sorority members and their chapters during the fall semester through Open Houses & chapter philanthropy events. The FSL community wants to get to know you and the best way to do that is to be open to new opportunities and to attend these events, ask questions, and be yourself! Follow @linfieldfsl on social media to keep up with what our community is up to!
Recruitment information links:
- Sorority Recruitment (for students who identify as women, transwomen, or gender nonbinary individuals interested in joining a women’s sorority)
- Fraternity Recruitment (for students who identify as men, transmen, or gender nonbinary individuals interested in joining a men’s fraternity)
Linfield College abides by a deferred joining policy for Fraternity & Sorority Life.
Like many opportunities for involvement in college, there is a financial commitment associated with joining a fraternity or sorority.
Fees differ among individual chapters. New members can expect to pay higher dues their first semester than in subsequent ones. The fees go toward the Inter/Nationals, chapter operating expenses, and social functions. Additional costs throughout the semester will go toward chapter meal plans, pictures, gifts, t-shirts, etc. Ask about the financial obligations of membership during the recruitment process.
The Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils at Linfield College assess council dues to each new and active member of the fraternity and sorority community at Linfield College. These dues will be charged to your chapter each semester you are a member of a Greek organization. The fee is $15 for Interfraternity & Panhellenic Council members. The fee goes toward increased safety initiatives and resources as well as educational and Greek unity activities.