Linfield First Generation Scholarships
Linfield is committed to the success of all our students. We recognize that first generation students face unique challenges, but also bring an incredible wealth of knowledge that builds on the vibrancy of our liberal arts college. The Linfield First Scholarship is designed to support First Gen students and build upon the skills and experience First Gen students bring to campus.
Linfield defines “first generation” as a student whose parents did not complete a bachelor’s degree, OR a student from a single parent home whose parent did not complete a bachelor’s degree. The Linfield First Scholarship is open to first-time, full-time, degree seeking students. The Linfield First Scholarship is automatically renewable as long as the student is meeting satisfactory academic progress.
Linfield First Scholarship Eligibility
- Be a First Generation student.
- Contributed to school, family and/or community (including work).
- Have financial need as determined by FAFSA or ORSAA.
- Apply for Linfield admission via the Common Application by November 1 for Early Action and February 1 for Regular Decision.
- Scholarship application deadline is November 15 for students who have applied Early Action and February 15 for students who have applied Regular Decision.
- In a statement no longer than 500 words, submit a supplemental response to the following question using the Linfield admission portal: What does it mean to you and your family to be a first generation college student?
Linfield First Scholar Commitment
In addition to the financial support students receive, scholars agree to:
- Attend a Linfield First Scholars recognition ceremony during new student orientation.
- Participate in a Linfield mentoring program such as Wildcat Intercultural Network (WIN), Linfield College Latinx Adelante (LCLA), or other student mentoring programs on campus.
- Participate in any of the following programs: Linfield Athletics, Band Camp, Cheer Camp, or any of Linfield’s Pre-Orientation programs (iFocus, AHA, & First CLAS).
- Meet regularly with career center staff, faculty advisor, health and wellness center staff, and/or other First Scholar champions.
- Commit to carrying out Linfield’s mission of connecting learning, life, and community.
Please contact the Linfield Admission Office if you have any questions about your eligibility or the application process.