Information for New Students
Please review other sections of the Financial Aid site, including Linfield Scholarships and Grants, TEACH Grant, Non-Linfield Sponsored Scholarships, Financial Aid and Scholarship Links, and Student and Parent Loans, federal and private loans.
Process to Receive Financial Aid
- As soon as possible after October 1st complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Note: For students who are Oregon residents but not an U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen, you must file an Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) to apply for the Oregon Opportunity Grant, the state grant program.
- Submit the 2019-2020 FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2018
- You will receive a financial aid award from Linfield College after you have been admitted to Linfield
- Accept or decline your financial aid award offers by completing and returning the enclosed award letter to the Office of Financial Aid
- Submit all documents requested by the Office of Financial Aid, including Verification documents
- Notify the Office of Financial Aid of all outside resources you will receive, such as private scholarships
- If you accept Federal Work-Study or Campus Employment on your award letter and intend to work at Linfield you have additional steps required:
- Apply for a job, be hired, and complete employment paper work with the Human Resource Office before you may work. Linfield does not guarantee students a job
- Search for job openings on Cat Connect
- Additional steps are required for student and/or parent loans:
- Students accepting Federal Direct Stafford Loan (subsidized/unsubsidized) on your award letter must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling
- Parents intending to borrow a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan on behalf of their dependent undergraduate student must complete and submit the Linfield Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Request Form to the Office of Financial Aid. Upon approval through the credit check processed at Linfield the parent must also complete a Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
- Financial aid will be disbursed electronically for eligible students at the beginning of each semester (Fall and Spring) onto their student account. Although, Federal Pell Grant funds will not be disbursed until after the census date of each semester. Students can view their student account transactions on WebAdvisor under the Financial Profile tab, click on "Financial Statement." Students attending on a full-time basis are required to be enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester to be eligible for Linfield scholarships, grants and federal student aid
Documents may be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid in the following ways:
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 503.883.2486
- Or mailed:
Linfield College, Office of Financial Aid Unit A484
900 SE Baker Street
McMinnville OR 97128