Financial Aid and Scholarship Links
To learn about Federal Student Aid, including student grants, student loans, parent loans and student employment, we encourage you to review the U.S. Department of Education's site https://studentaid.ed.gov/ regarding preparing for college, types of financial aid, who gets financial aid, how to apply for financial aid, and how to repay your loans, if you borrow. This site also offers infographics, and YouTube videos that include topics ranging from an overview of the federal student aid programs to what the difference is between Dependent and Independent student criteria, and if a parent is required to provide information on the FAFSA. The first step in the financial aid application process is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
When searching for scholarships, be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as it may be required to apply for some scholarships. Linfield encourages you to never pay for help to find financial aid resources, as we want you to avoid scams while searching for scholarships or completing the FAFSA, as we encourage you to utilize free sites, such as FAFSA.gov. Learn how to spot potential fraud, avoid paying for free services, and prevent identity theft from the U.S. Department of Education.
Non-Linfield scholarship links include the following free national search engines, and be sure to check out our Non-Linfield Sponsored Scholarships page too:
- The U.S. Department of Labor's FREE scholarship search tool
Some additional federal financial aid resources include:
- National Community Service: www.cns.gov/
- Military Benefits due to your or your family member's military service
The state of Oregon resource includes:
- Oregon residents can apply for scholarships to attend Oregon colleges by completing a scholarship application through the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) at www.oregonstudentaid.gov
Some additional Linfield student resources include:
- Linfield students are encouraged to activate their SALT(TM) account to use the scholarship search features within at saltmoney.org/LINFIELD
- Linfield students with outstanding records should also visit the Nationally Competitive Scholarships and Fellowships pages to learn more about highly competitive programs such as the Rhodes or Fulbright programs
Questions? E-mail Financial Aid at: firstname.lastname@example.org