Information for Current Students
Financial aid information for Linfield College is available in the College Catalog. The Catalog will give you all the necessary information regarding loans, scholarships, need-based grants, and requirements to maintain financial aid or you can view the various financial aid programs by navigating through them on our Financial Aid Menu. The Cost of Attendance for 2015-2016 that the Office of Financial Aid uses to calculate a student's financial aid eligilbity includes Tuition, Fees, Room, Board, Books and Supplies, Personal and Transportation, as well as Loan Fees for student's borrowing a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. Should you or your family have special circumstances that you are unable to report on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), review our 2015-2016 Request for Special Circumstances form, please contact our office for any extenuating circumstances you would like our office to consider. In order to prepare your financial aid award, the Office of Financial Aid has the following process outlined below for continuing Linfield students attending the McMinnville campus.
2015-2016 Procedures for Continuing Students:
The Office of Financial Aid sends continuing students correspondence to their Linfield email in December annually outlining the steps to renew their financial aid at Linfield. Parents/Guardians of continuing students will receive a mailed newsletter in December, which includes the renewal steps for their undergraduate students’ financial aid process.
- Complete your Linfield Application for Financial Aid (LAFA) under the Financial Aid tab on WebAdvisor
- Complete your 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
- To sign the FAFSA electronically you will need to use your FSA ID (PIN Replacement): create or edit your FSA ID. If your parent's information is required for your FAFSA, at least one parent must sign your FAFSA, for parents signing the FAFSA electronically they too will need their own FSA ID (PIN Replacement): create or edit FSA ID for parent.
Instructions for transferring your federal IRS tax information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool within your FAFSA on the Web (FOTW):
- Login to FOTW at www.fafsa.gov
- Once you are in your FOTW, select that you are making corrections – “Make FAFSA Corrections”
- Navigate to the “Financial Information” tab, as you will want to correct the FAFSA question regarding your IRS income tax completion from “I will file...” to “I have already completed my return” and by changing your answer FOTW will initiate the IRS Data Retrieval Tool process for you to complete
- Follow the instructions provided within FOTW and the IRS sites. You can choose to transfer your information into the FAFSA, if you’re eligible to do so, once you have provided the IRS with your tax filing status and address and the IRS matches your information up with their records
- After you complete the IRS Data Retrieval steps within the IRS, navigate back into your FOTW and review the corrections you are about to submit to the federal processor
- Sign your FOTW with your PIN, and submit the corrections. Be sure to receive your confirmation number for your records
- Your corrections will be electronically submitted to Linfield, if you have provided Linfield’s federal school code of 003198 on your FAFSA