The Personnel Committee oversees all institutional aspects of faculty professional work, via two subcommittees and a working group.
- Stephen Bricher, Chair
- David Sumner, Arts and Humanities
- Joe Wilkins, Arts and Humanities
- Janet Peterson, Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Michael Crosser, Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Jake Creviston, Portland
- Melissa Robinson, Portland
- Dimitri Kelly, Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Thomas Love, Social and Behavioral Sciences
Promotion and Tenure Subcommittee
Stephen Bricher (Chair), Michael Crosser, Melissa Robinson, Thomas Love, David Sumner
The Promotion and Tenure Subcommittee:
- examines applicant files for promotion and tenure and makes appropriate recommendations directly to the Dean of Faculty and President;
- works with the full committee to determine and publicize appropriate criteria for what constitutes teaching, research, and service, and conducts regular reviews of these criteria;
- works with the full committee to provide consistent understandings of teaching and research definitions and conditions; and
- conducts workshops on the preparation of files in advance of application for promotion/tenure.
Faculty Development Subcommittee
Joe Wilkins (Chair), Jake Creviston, Dimitri Kelly, Janet Peterson
The Faculty Development Subcommittee:
- oversees, expands, and implements opportunities for faculty development;
- awards Faculty Development Grants, Student Faculty Collaborative Research Grants, and Sabbatical leaves or leaves of absence to further ongoing research and creative projects; and
- addresses other issues of faculty concern, including, but not limited to: instructional technologies, research support such as library services and grant application assistance, students with special needs, and academic advising issues as they pertain to faculty.
Staffing Working Group
The Staffing Working Group reviews and updates staffing priorities annually; considers and recommends staffing proposals to the Dean of Faculty and President, and serves as the nominating committee for Faculty Executive Council.