The Faculty Assembly is a deliberative and legislative body empowered by the Board of Trustees to perform certain functions in the educational life of Linfield College.
2017-18 Meeting Dates
All Faculty Assembly Meetings take place at 4:00 p.m. in Riley 201, with videoconference to the Peterson Hall Conference Room in Portland.
Monday, September 11, 2017
Monday, October 16, 2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
Monday, December 4, 2017
Monday, February 12, 2018
Monday, March 12, 2018
Monday, April 9, 2018
Monday, May 7, 2018
Faculty Assembly Members
All members of the Faculty Assembly are eligible to vote in the Faculty Assembly.
- Faculty with the academic rank of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor or Instructor who hold academic-year contracts calling for at least 40% of a full work load
- Librarians who have academic rank and whose positions call for at least 40% of a full work load as professional librarians during the academic year
- Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty
- Vice President for Student Services/Dean of Students
- Dean of the School of Nursing
- Director of Online and Continuing Education
- Director of International Programs
- Library Director
Additional ex-officio members of the Faculty Assembly may be approved by the Faculty Assembly, and shall be chosen from those offices of the College whose specified duties call for the devotion of large fractions of time to activities of a direct educational nature.
Faculty Executive Council
The Faculty Executive Council serves as liaison between college-wide groups and the faculty, as well as between administrative offices and the faculty when those groups are considering actions or the development of policies which may influence those areas of the college for which the faculty have responsibility. The Council will, as appropriate, refer those items to the proper faculty committee. The Council is responsible for reviewing decisions of Faculty Assembly committees, and forwarding issues to the full Faculty Assembly for discussion and approval when necessary.
- Brian Winkenweder, Chair
- Laura Kenow, Secretary
- Nick Buccola, Faculty Trustee
- Liz Atkinson, Natural Sciences and Mathematics Chair
- Henny Breen, Portland Chair
- Reshmi Dutt-Ballerstadt, Arts and Humanities Division Chair
- Randy Grant, Social and Behavioral Sciences Chair