David Thomas Sumner - Professor English/Environmental Studies Director of Writing
The Nature Tradition in American Literature,
- "Testimony, Refuge, and the Sense of Place - A Conversation with Terry Tempest Williams." Reprinted in A Voice in the Wilderness: Dialogues with Terry Tempest Williams. Ed. Michael Austin. Utah State U P 2006.
- "'That Could Happen': Nature Writing, The Nature Fakers, and a Rhetoric of Assent." ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment. Vol. 12.2, Summer 2005.
- "Location and Landscape in Literary Americanisms: A Brief Look at H. L. Davis and F. Scott Fitzgerald." International Conference at the Bayreuth Institute of American Studies, Bayreuth Universitãt, Bayreuth Germany. January, 2008.
- "'That Could Happen': Nature Writing, The Nature Fakers, and a Rhetoric of Assent.” University of Helsinki, January 2008.
- "Wilderness, the Garden, and God: The Shifting Frames for American Nature." The German-American Center, Stuttgart Germany. July 2007.
Fulbright. University of Bayreuth, Germany: 3/07-8/07