Environmental Health and Safety & Risk Management
The Environmental Health and Safety, (EHS) Director is responsible for the training in and implementation of the college's environmental, safety, and health policy, program development, coordination, and compliance. This will be accomplished by:
- Providing assistance in the identification and mitigation of environmental, health and safety hazards that could adversely affect the college community and damage or destroy College property.
- Overseeing compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements for environmental, health and safety issues.
- Establishing environmental, health and safety practices, procedures and management system to protect the College Community to the greatest degree possible while supporting the educational mission of the institution.
- Providing appropriate education and training for the College Community in environmental, health and safety regulations, safe practices and procedures and hazard identification/elimination.
- Providing a strong safety and loss prevention system, to include injury reduction and hazard elimination.
- The Department will serve as liaison to all appropriate off-campus agencies and jurisdictions.
E-mail to Office of Environmental Health, and Safety: email@example.com or call 503-883-2431 for assistance.