Skip Content
Linfield College
- Linfield College
Department of Education Post Graduation Opportunities

Licensure in Other States

Students from Washington, California, Hawaii, Idaho, and Montana (among other states and nations!) regularly graduate from Linfield’s Education program. Students earn an Oregon teaching license and then transfer the license via their own state’s accrediting body. State requirements vary slightly, and an additional test or course may be required. Because licensing standards vary by state and because the licensing bodies change standards frequently, students are advised to check with their state’s guidelines regularly.  Linfield Education advisors will help answer your questions and direct you to the proper agencies. (Note: If you Google your state’s name and “teaching license,” you should be able to find your state’s accrediting body.) Here are links to the most commonly used sites: