Linfield Teacher Education Program graduates of Spring 2019
Become a Teacher at Linfield
The Linfield Education Department is composed of passionate educators. We hope to develop young professionals seeking to make a difference in the educational system, encouraging growth, dedication, and compassion. Our faculty and staff are invested in the academic and personal well-being of each teacher candidate, prepared to offer support and serve as a critical resource on a student's journey to becoming a professional educator.
The Linfield Teacher Education Program is revised on an ongoing basis to meet state and national standards, current “best practices” from research, and—most importantly—the needs of our Linfield students and local schools.
If you join the Education Department, you will be able to leave Linfield in four years with a college degree and a license to teach:
- Preschool and Elementary or
- Preschool, Elementary and Middle School or
- Middle School and High School
Additional endorsement areas that we offer include the following:
- Advanced Mathematics
- Elementary - Multiple Subjects
- English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Health Education
- Language Arts
- Middle School Language Arts
- Middle School Mathematics
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- World Language: French
- World Language: German
- World Language: Spanish
English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement
The Linfield College Education Department offers an ESOL endorsement program. You do not need to be bilingual to get your ESOL endorsement.
This means that you could graduate from Linfield with:
- Your Bachelor’s Degree
- Your Teaching License
- Your ESOL endorsement––which will:
- Prepare you to work with all ELL student and families in bilingual and non-bilingual settings
- Qualify you to work as an ELL (ELD) specialist
- Looks great on a resume and makes you more marketable
Keep reading for more information. If you would like to talk with someone further about our program, please contact the Education Department Chair, Nancy Drickey at firstname.lastname@example.org.