Diversity at Linfield
Over 250 courses at Linfield address diversity philosophically. Jan term travel courses as well as semester and year abroad programs address diversity experientially.
- Spiritual Discovery Trips (experiential education and dialogue, encountering beliefs, practices and peoples from various spiritual cultures including – Native American, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, African American, Monastic, etc.) [Chaplain's Office often in partnership with Multicultural Programs, Religious Studies, IPO, SOAN]
- IDST 090-01 Global Issues: Homelessness from an interfaith perspective
- Alternative Spring Break Service Trips- (Tacoma, New Orleans, Seattle, Colorado, Coastal Oregon)
- New Orleans Service Trip to 9th Ward (American Baptist Coalition of Colleges) Chaplain's Team, College Activities, Student Life Portland Campus (representing both McMinnville and Portland campuses)
- Helping Professionals Class – deals with cultural awareness and identity as well as socioeconomic issues
- Career Development provides resources and services to various classes that would have diversity concerns