Fundamentals of Online Learning (FoOT)
Online Teaching Certificate
Dates: Monday July 8 – Sunday July 28
With approval of the instructor, participants may extend assignment completion by one week.
Cost: $400 -- course materials will be freely available online
Students who successfully complete of this course will earn 2.0 Continuing Education Units, CEUs.
Learn How to Effectively Teach Online
- Describe key differences in online and face-to-face pedagogies
- Employ best practices in online/blended teaching and learning
- Build course content and [active] learning activities that align with learning outcomes
- Apply quality standards to the evaluation of sample courses
- Create online assessments that effectively measure learning outcomes
- Identify legal and ethical responsibility regarding digital accessibility and intellectual property
Who Should Take This Course?
- K-12 instructors
- Corporate trainers
- Higher education faculty
- Anyone new to online/blended teaching, looking to fill in the gaps or want to up their game
This is a non-credit, pass/fail course. Participants who pass this course will earn a Certificate of Completion from Linfield’s Online and Continuing Education Program.
Meet the Instructor
Jane Wilde is the Senior Instructional Designer for Linfield's Online and Continuing Education programs. She holds a BS in Education, a MA in Administration and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Curriculum and Instruction (University at Albany, New York). She recently earned the Advanced Online Teaching Certificate from the Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
A veteran educator of 30+ years, she has taught at the elementary, high school and college levels. She has been teaching online since 2007. Her research interests revolve around online learning and faculty development. As a self-proclaimed gamer and geek, Jane is interested in emerging technologies and their power to shape pedagogy.