Global Health Minor
The Global Health minor is tailored to meet the needs of health care professionals seeking to build an international health perspective, understanding, and genuine experience. While enrolled in the online courses, you will complete two global health field experiences in two different settings.
What is a Minor?
In addition to a major, you may elect to complete the requirements for a minor. A minor program consist of 20-30 credits, including prerequisites and support courses. At least 10 of the credits included in a minor must be taken at or through Linfield.
Employment Opportunities in the Field
- Health Educator
- Health Programs Officer
- Global Health Researcher
- Health Outreach Coordinator
- Humanitarian Response Manager
- Public Health Analyst
Courses You Will Take
- HSCI 330 Global Health (3)
- HSCI 431 International Health (3)
- HSCI 440 Epidemiology (3)
- HSCI/ENVS 450 Environmental Health (3)
- PHIL 215 Bioethics (4)
And one course from the following electives:
- ECON 341 Environmental Economics (4)
- ANTH 332 Medical Anthropology (4)
- SOAN 223 Cultural Environment of Health (4)
- POLS 362 International Law, Ethics and Global Governance (4)